Digital Illustration & Character Design using Adobe Illustrator. In this fun step-by-step class, we’ll reveal the top tools and techniques used to convert original hand-drawn sketches into full-fledge scalable vector graphics. Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator to design your own custom graphics, while gaining an understanding of the tools & workflow used by top Illustrators around the world to make high-quality, eye-catching assets of art. No prior knowledge or experience required!
In this class, you’ll learn how to take your creativity from your sketchbook to your laptop and bring your designs to life! This class covers the fundamentals of Digital Illustration: Starting with inspiration. Tips for sketching. Setting up your document with a scanned image. Aligning your hand-drawn sketch inside Adobe Illustrator. Customizing a color swatch pallet. Making custom vector shapes using the Pen Tool, Puppet Warp Tool & Pathfinder Tool. Useful alignment tricks to fine-tune artwork. Efficient keyboard shortcuts to increase your Digital Illustration workflow. As well as, Shading & Texturing your work to give your Graphic Designs Depth & Dimension. This class is perfect for anyone who’s just starting out and wants to explore Digital Illustration in order to bring their creative work to life digitally.
Together, we’ll be:
- Exploring Character Illustration workflow
- Covering Best Illustration Practices
- Importing a hand-drawn sketch into Adobe Illustrator, setting up guides, and aligning artwork
- Creating custom vectors around a Character Build using Illustrator’s various shaping tools
- Shading, Masking, & Texturing a fun, playful Character Illustration
- Exporting our final product
- This class is perfect for anyone who’s just starting out and wants to explore Digital Illustration in order to bring their creative work to life digitally.