This course is about Photoshop and animation. The course is an introduction to Photoshop’s timeline. By guiding you through an example I will teach you cool stuff. In this course, you will learn to make an awesome animated lava lamp in Photoshop. You will learn to use Photoshop’s timeline and animate position, scale and layer styles.
We will start by making a drawing of the lava lamp. We will use the pen tool to draw smooth curves/paths. We will fill the paths with color and render a nice shape of the lava lamp by using gradients and highlights.
I will introduce you to the timeline in Photoshop. You will learn how to scale the timeline and how to work with keyframes. I will also explain how to use smart objects to have the opportunity to not only animate position but also animate the objects scale.
In the end, we will use layer styles to make the lava lamp even more cool by adding color animation, so the finished animation will look like a realistic lava lamp.
The length of the course is little more than two hours of video. It’s a guided example where I will show you how to make the animated lavalamp from a-z. You need some experience in Photoshop to follow along, but if you have no or little experience I am sure you will also be able to make the animation. I have made an effort to be as clear and instructive as possible.
After taking the course you will not only have a cool screensaver that you can enjoy in the night, but you will also have insight in Photoshop’s great tools to create awesome video editing and special effects. Learning video editing in Photoshop is a great opportunity to use one of the graphic industry’s master tools as an integrated tool, not only for making great images but also motion graphics and storytelling. Video and video editing is such a great way to improve your skills, and if you have access to Photoshop you actually have access to professional video editing. What are you waiting for. Take the course now.
What are the requirements?
- As a student in this course, it will be a good start to know some basic ways of working in Photoshop. You will ha
What am I going to get from this course?
- Use the timeline in Photoshop to make small animations.
- Use Photoshop as a cool tool to draw complex shapes.
- Work with smart objects to reuse graphics in a nonredundant way
Who is the target audience?
- You should take this course if you like to start using Photoshop for making animation and video editing. If you are an expert in other video editing software as After Effects and Premiere Pro you probably will find the course too simple, but it will introduce you to new possibilities in Photoshop.