Why I decided to record this course? You can master retouching and have great knowledge of skin retouching. Though, at the end of the day the colors are something that makes Your images unique.
What is Color Harmony?
Color harmony is theory of combining colors in design, fashion and photography that – in simple words – are working well together for the eye. Color Harmony stays behind almost all of the color designs in the industry, such as comic books, posters, photography, web design and many others.
What You will learn in this course?
I am going to start very simple, so even You are starting Your adventure with the colors, You will have a basic understanding of the Theory. I believe I am easy going person, so friendly approach of the course will make it even easier for You!
We will have an introduction to color wheel. And after You get enough theoretical knowledge we will start our practical work with different color harmonies. Through this course, You will learn how to define different color harmonic over few different sections. Since very beginning we will start developing different ways of approaching the color, and different techniques of color grading.
I will be slowly developing techniques though the lessons, starting from very basic tchings like introducting color adjustment layers into more advanced ways of working with them though the creative ways of working with masks, just to get what’s best n Your image and draw attention to whats important on the image.
1. In the first section we will work with Complementary Harmony:
Colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel are considered to be complementary colors .The high contrast of complementary colors creates a vibrant look especially when used at full saturation. This color scheme must be managed well so it is not jarring.
In this section You will learn:
- Adjustment layers that You will use in the future for Your Color Grading in Photoshop
- Basic Workflow Techniques for Complementary Colors
- Working with Gradient maps
- More advanced techniques, such as working with masks to have full control on the color, different methods of working with colors
2. Then we will move into harmonies with more colors like split complementary and triadic harmony:
The split-complementary color scheme is a variation of the complementary color scheme. In addition to the base color, it uses the two colors adjacent to its complement. This color scheme has the same strong visual contrast as the complementary color scheme, but has less tension.
A triadic color scheme uses colors that are evenly spaced around the color wheel. Triadic color harmonies tend to be quite vibrant, even if you use pale or unsaturated versions of your hues.
In this Section You will learn:
- How to plan composition on the image
- How to define Color of the image
- You will know how to set the perfect color balance and tones for the image
- How to set saturation for an image
- How to work with masks on advanced level to keep control on very specyfic areas of the image
- How to work with lights on specific color
3. After that we will move to the section with Analogic colors, and we will work on the portrait of Misha, where we have great example of this sort of harmony, and also very challenging one.
Analogous color schemes use colors that are next to each other on the color wheel. They usually match well and create serene and comfortable designs.
Analogous color schemes are often found in nature and are harmonious and pleasing to the eye.
In this section You will learn:
- How to plan You work with analogic color harmony
- how to built contrasts around the image and work with lights and highlights to draw more attention to the object
- how to to color grading using advanced techniques we learned, on image with analogic color
Over this two sections we will be developing really advanced ways of work on two images with different composition.
4. in the last section we will have a walk through some other not so popular color harmonies, just to make sure You will be prepared for any color challenges You will have in the future.